The Body Poets Massage Therapy team had so much fun at the Perth Kilt Run on June 25 that we’re gearing up for another event even closer to home.
The annual Mississippi Mills River Walk and Run to benefit the Almonte General Hospital Birthing Unit happens on Saturday, September 10 this year. Body Poets is fielding a team of walkers and runners to take part in most of the events.
- 3 km Recreational Route (Non Timed Event – Run, Walk, Roll, Wheelchair, Walker, etc.)
- 3 km walk / run (Timed Event)
5 km walk / run (Timed Event)
10 km run / walk (Timed Event)
So far, our youngest Body Poets Massage Therapy team member will be 14 and our oldest will be 56. Help us stretch our age range! We won’t be wearing our kilts this time, but we will be sporting great attitudes and a desire to have fun and to raise funds for the hospital’s Fairview Manor Foundation.
There are many ways to participate!
- join us on the Body Poets Massage Therapy team
- donate to the team or to the Almonte General Hospital Birthing Unit (donate to team members by clicking “Pledge an Athlete” and searching by the participant’s name)
- volunteer to help coordinate activities on race day.
Our team fundraising goal is $100, and we are already halfway there! Your $3, $5, or $7 donation will help get us to the top.
To join the Body Poets Massage Therapy team for the Mississippi Mills River Walk and Run, after registering by clicking the link, please choose “Join or create a team” and follow the instructions. The team name is Body Poets Massage Therapy and the login code is wac67mar.
See you there!
(Hover over photos for captions)