Starting as a yoga teacher and Thai yoga massage practitioner, Ellen’s need to understand the body and its healthy function led her to return to school in 2005 to become a registered massage therapist. She has added new treatment skills each year, incorporating dry cupping technique, myofascial release, whiplash care, breast massage, scar health, and other in-depth studies along with her general practice.
- Deep tissue massage – more than relaxation, we get through layers of tissue to address deeper areas of restriction
- Treatment-focused massage – includes deep tissue, trigger point therapy, joint mobilizations, injury rehabilitation, etc.
- Myofascial release – slow, lotion-free treatment to release adhesions in connective tissue (fascia)
- Dry cupping – suction cup treatment that addresses connective tissue and muscle
- Abdominal massage – for specific issues such as constipation, or as a soothing part of any massage
- Breast treatment – to decrease swelling or PMS symptoms, help with breast feeding, or pre- or post-surgery
- Whiplash injury – specific treatment to address the neck and upper body after a whiplash injury
- Postural issues – postural assessment, pillowing and specific treatment in massage, and suggested home-care
- Relaxation and wellness massage – to decrease stress or to maintain a feeling of overall health
- Essential oil massage – uses aromatherapy with essential oils for specific issues or for general relaxation
- Effective stretching and home care – there are simple things you can do between massages to keep yourself on track with your health goals