If any of your health or contact information changes in the future, please let us know so that we can continue to work together safely and effectively.
We take your privacy seriously. Your health history and treatment notes are your personal property, and are confidential between you and your registered massage therapists.
We will only share your personal and health information:
- When you ask us to do so
- To get advice on your care, without revealing your identity
- When required by a third-party payer (e.g. insurance company)
- As required by law
We collect your personal and health information in order to:
- To treat and care for you
- To contact you about appointments or treatment options
- To consult with supervisors about your care (without revealing your identity)
- To plan and administer internal operationsTo consult with supervisors about your care (without revealing your identity)
- To verify or receive payment for your care from a third-party payer (e.g. insurance company)
- To comply with legal and regulatory requirements
If we need your information for some other purpose not listed here, we will notify you and get your permission to use it.
How we protect your personal information
- We only collect data needed to treat you effectively
- We make sure your information is up to date
- We keep your information private and under lock and key
- You have access to your health records at any time
- You may make corrections to your health records at any time
- You may get a copy of your file, with a small copy fee
- We get your permission to share your health records with other health care providers
- We keep your health records for 10 years from your last visit, and then destroy them securely
If you have questions or complaints, please speak to Ellen Symons, RMT at firstname.lastname@example.org or 613-222-0465.
If your concern is not resolved, you can contact the Information and Privacy Commissioner of Ontario at 1-800-387-0073.